Control Sonos from the iOS lock screen
Sonos supports the control of your system from the iOS lock screen under certain conditions. This article describes when lock screen controls can and cannot be used.
Enable iOS lock screen control
- Open the Sonos app for iOS.
- From the Settings tab, tap App Preferences.
- Tap Lock Screen Controls to enable.
Lock screen controls will not appear in the following scenarios:
- A non-Sonos AirPlay capable device is present.
- To allow lock screen controls to appear when using Sonos, disable the AirPlay feature on all non-Sonos AirPlay endpoints such as Apple TVs or Apple AirPort base stations.
- Another app on the iOS device is playing music or video.
- While the iOS device is connected to a non-Sonos Bluetooth audio device.
- VoiceOver is enabled.
- Headphones are connected to the iOS device.
The limitations above do not apply when playing audio to Sonos using an app that supports Sonos direct control or when playing AirPlay audio directly to Sonos. We recommend using either of these options if the above limitations are preventing lock screen controls from appearing on your iOS device.