Adjust the bass, treble, balance, and loudness
Adjusting the bass, treble, balance, or loudness of your Sonos speakers can be done in a few simple steps using the Sonos app.
On iOS or Android
- Open the Sonos app.
- From the Settings tab, press System.
- Press the name of the room you’d like to adjust.
- Press EQ, and then drag the sliders to make adjustments.
In the S2 app, you can also change EQ settings from the Now Playing screen by tapping the volume slider and then tapping the EQ icon.
On Mac or PC
- Open the Sonos app
- Go to Settings or Preferences menu.
- On a Mac, click the Sonos drop-down menu at the top left of the screen and select Preferences.
- On a PC, click the Manage drop-down menu at the top of the window and select Settings.
- Click EQ Settings, then select a room from the drop-down menu to adjust the equalization of your Sonos player.
Adjusts the lower frequency sounds, such as bass, or a kick drum.
Adjusts the higher frequency sounds, such as guitar or vocals.
Adjusts the volume level on the left or right audio channel. This option will only be available for rooms that can output stereo sound.
Boosts certain frequencies, including bass, during low listening volumes. This is designed to compensate for normal changes in the ear’s sensitivity when listening to audio at low volumes.