Control Sonos volume with a mobile device’s hardware buttons
This article will show you how to control Sonos with the volume buttons on your iOS or Android device.
- In the Sonos app for iOS or Android, go to the Settings tab and tap App Preferences.
- Tap Hardware Volume Control to enable. Tap Hardware Volume Control (Home Screen Volume Control on Android) to enable.
- While the Sonos app is open, use the hardware volume buttons on your iOS or Android device to raise or lower the Sonos volume.
In some circumstances, the volume buttons will control Sonos even if the app isn’t active, as long as music is playing and lock screen controls are enabled. However, the controls will not be available when:
- Viewing the home screen
- Another app on the device is playing music or video
- Connected to a Bluetooth audio device
- A screen reader is enabled
- Headphones are connected