Control Sonos volume with an Android device’s hardware buttons
This article will show you how to control Sonos with the volume buttons on your Android device.
- In the Sonos app for Android, go to the Settings tab and tap App Preferences.
- Tap Hardware Volume Control to enable. Tap Home Screen Volume Control to enable.
- While the Sonos app is open, use the hardware volume buttons on your Android device to raise or lower the Sonos volume.
In some circumstances, the volume buttons will control Sonos even if the app isn’t active, as long as music is playing. However, the controls will not be available when:
- Viewing the home screen
- Another app on the device is playing music or video
- Connected to a Bluetooth audio device
- A screen reader is enabled
- Headphones are connected