Update from S1 to S2
This article covers how to update a Sonos S1 system to Sonos S2. Follow the steps below to check your system for compatibility and start the update process.
Before you start
- Our Sonos S2 Compatibility article lists all of the Sonos products that are compatible with S2. Some Sonos products require the use of the S2 app. Your app will check to make sure all of your products are compatible before starting the update.
- If you have products that are not compatible with S2 and would like to keep your system on S1, you can. You can continue using the Sonos S1 Controller app and it will continue working with your existing products, music services, and voice services.
Update to S2
- Open the Sonos S1 Controller app for iOS or Android.
- From the Settings tab, press System > System Tools > System Compatibility Check.
- Follow the steps in the app to check your Sonos products for compatibility with S2 and start the update process.
If you downloaded the S2 app before running the System Compatibility check, you may see your S2 compatible products show up as “Incompatible.” You can fix this in the S2 app by going to Settings > System > System Updates > Check for Updates. This will update them to the S2 firmware.