Tune your Era 100 or Era 300 with Trueplay
Trueplay measures how sound reflects off walls, furnishings and other surfaces in a room, then fine tunes your Sonos product to make sure it sounds great no matter where you've placed it.
When tuning an Era 100 or Era 300, iOS users have two different Trueplay options to choose from: Quick Tuning or Advanced Tuning. Android users can go through the Quick Tuning process only.
Quick Tuning uses the built-in microphones on your Era 100 or Era 300 to tune itself for its current location. The microphone switch must be on in order for your speaker to go through Quick Tuning.
iOS users can choose to go through the Advanced Tuning process. The Sonos app uses your iOS device’s microphone to perform a more precise tuning of your Era 100 or Era 300. The Advanced Tuning process is the same Trueplay process currently available for most Sonos products.
Start the tuning process
Using the Sonos app for iOS or Android:
- From the Settings tab, tap System and then select your Era 100 or Era 300.
- Tap Trueplay > Trueplay Tuning.
- Android users will automatically go through the Quick Tuning process. If you’re on iOS, choose either Quick Tuning or Advanced Tuning to continue.
- Follow the in-app instructions to complete the Trueplay process.
Once you’ve finished tuning your Era 100 or Era 300, the Trueplay tuning adjustments can be toggled on and off from this same menu.
- You can find tips to ensure a good Advanced Tuning process in our Tune your Sonos speakers with Trueplay article.
- Some iOS devices don’t currently support the use of Advanced Tuning. You can see a list of unsupported iOS devices in our Trueplay-compatible devices and Sonos products article.