Set an alarm on Sonos
Use alarms to wake up to your favorite songs in the morning, or setup reminders throughout the day. Follow the instructions below to configure alarms for your Sonos.
If you’d like the music to automatically turn off after a specified time period, see our article on setting a sleep timer on Sonos.
To set a Sonos alarm using iOS or Android:
- From the Rooms tab, tap the Alarm icon.
- Tap New Alarm.
- Set the Time, Room, Music, Repeat, Volume, and Alarm Duration, and tap Save.
- Tap Done.
Alarms can also be accessed from the Settings tab by going to System > Alarms.
If you check Include grouped rooms, the alarm will play in the rooms that are grouped together at the time the alarm goes off. It does not play in the rooms that were grouped when the alarm was originally added to the Sonos system.
To play tracks from your local Music Library, first add the track to a Sonos Playlist or Imported Playlists then select the playlist as the alarm source.
The max number of alarms you can set up on Sonos is 32.
Alarm settings are not available when the Sonos app is not connected to your Sonos system. See our articles on reconnecting to Sonos or connecting Sonos to a new router or WiFi network to resolve these connection issues.
To set a Sonos alarm using a Mac or PC:
- Click Alarms from the bottom of the Select a Music Source pane on the right side of the Sonos app.
- On a Mac, click the to create a new alarm.
- On a PC, click Add to create a new alarm.
- Set the Time, Room, Music, Frequency and Volume.
- If you check Include grouped rooms, the alarm will play in the rooms that are grouped together at the time the alarm goes off. It does not play in the rooms that were grouped when the alarm was originally added to the Sonos system.
- If you check Shuffle music, the play mode for the selected alarm music will be set to shuffle.
- Click OK to save the alarm.
Controlling alarms from your lock screen
When a Sonos alarm goes off, it will appear on the lock screen of your iOS or Android device. You can use the notification to open the Sonos app in order to Snooze or Dismiss the alarm. On iOS, you can 3D Touch the notification to access a quick menu for these options.