Windows Media Player Network Sharing and Sonos
Windows Media Player Network Sharing allows you to stream music to your Sonos system directly from Windows Media Player on your PC.
To stream tracks from Windows Media Player to Sonos, you first need to allow media streaming from your computer.
- Open Windows Media Player on your PC.
- From the menu bar at the top-left, click Stream, then Turn on media streaming…
- Follow the prompts to share your Windows Media library over your local network.
Once you’ve turned on media streaming, you’ll be able to play tracks directly to your Sonos devices from within Windows Media Player. You can do this by right-clicking on the track, artist, or album, then choosing Cast to Device.
You can also browse your shared Windows Media library in the Sonos app by enabling the Show Media Servers option:
- Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
- From the Settings tab, tap System.
- Tap Media Servers, then enable Show Media Servers.
Your Windows Media library will then be available in the Browse tab of the Sonos app.