Configure Windows 10 Network and Security Settings
This article will show you how to configure your Windows 10 network and security settings (including the firewall) for use with Sonos. These settings are automatically configured while installing the Sonos app for Windows. Only follow these steps if you are experiencing an issue with Sonos. Note that you will need administrator access to follow these steps.
1. Click on the Start menu and search for Settings.
2. From the Windows Settings menu, select Network & Internet.
3. Under Network status, click on Properties.
4. Ensure the Network profile is set to Private.
5. Navigate back to the Windows Settings menu and select Update and Security.
6. Select Windows Security from the sidebar and click on Firewall & network protection.
7. Click on Allow an app through firewall.
8. Ensure that Sonos Controller and the column for Private are both checked.
- If you have added or are trying to add a music library, ensure that SonosLibraryService and the column for Private are both checked as well.
The Windows 10 network and security settings are now configured to work with Sonos.