Listen to your turntable on Sonos
This article will show you what you need to connect a turntable to Sonos to listen to your vinyl record connection.
Before you start
- You will need a Sonos product with a line-in port:
- Play:5 (Gen 1 & Gen 2)
- Check if your turntable has a built-in preamp like the Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable. If your turntable does not have a built-in phono preamp, you will need to first connect your turntable to a phono preamp, and then connect the phono preamp to Sonos.
Connect your turntable to Sonos
To connect a turntable to Sonos, you’ll need an RCA or RCA to 3.5mm cable. Follow the instructions below to know which cable you need and how to connect it.
RCA to 3.5mm
Five and Play:5
Plug the single end of an RCA to 3.5 mm cable into the line in port of the Five or Play:5 and plug the split end into the L/R audio outputs on the back of your turntable or preamp. If your turntable has a built-in RCA cable, you will need an RCA to 3.5 mm adapter.
Amp and Connect:Amp
Plug one end of an RCA cable into your turntable or preamp, and plug the other end into the RCA input labeled IN on the back of your Amp or Connect:Amp.
Port and Connect
Plug one end of an RCA cable into your turntable or preamp, and plug the other end into the RCA input labeled IN on the back of your Port or Connect.
- Start playing a record on your turntable.
- Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
- From the Browse tab, tap Line-In.
- Select the Line-In source name.
You can also set up AutoPlay so your Sonos system knows to switch to Line-In mode as soon as you play a record.