Create a stereo pair
Sonos speakers of the same model can be bonded together as a single room in the Sonos app, providing a wider stereo experience. This article will show you how to create a stereo pair with your speakers.
Before you start
- Only Sonos speakers of the same model can be stereo paired.
- When you first set up two Sonos speakers of the same model, you’ll see an option to create a stereo pair. Otherwise, you can follow the steps below to pair two products that have been already added to your system.
- For information on placing your stereo paired speakers, see our article on selecting a location for your Sonos speakers.
- Open the Sonos app for iOS and Android.
- From the Settings tab, tap System.
- Under Products, tap one of the speakers you’d like to use in your stereo pair.
- Tap Set Up Stereo Pair (or Create Stereo Pair if using the Sonos S1 Controller) and follow the in-app instructions.
For steps to unpair your speakers, see our article on separating a stereo pair.
Speakers that support stereo pairing
- Era 100
- Era 300
- Move 2
- One (Gen 1)
- One (Gen 2)
- One SL
- Play:5 (Gen 1)
- Play:5 (Gen 2)
- Roam SL
- SYMFONISK Bookshelf (Gen 1)
- SYMFONISK Bookshelf (Gen 2)
- SYMFONISK Floor lamp1
- SYMFONISK Picture frame
- SYMFONISK Table lamp (Gen 1)
- SYMFONISK Table lamp (Gen 2)1
¹The SYMFONISK Floor lamp and SYMFONISK Table lamp (Gen 2) are related models and can be used together in a stereo pair.