Pair Sonos Move with Bluetooth
Before you start
- Move needs to be set up with the Sonos app on Wi-Fi before it can switch to Bluetooth mode and pair with your Bluetooth devices.
- While using Sonos Move with Bluetooth, Move will not be displayed in the Sonos app. Playback and volume controls will remain available through the paired Bluetooth device.
- Certain Sonos features are unavailable while Sonos Move is in Bluetooth Mode. These include speaker grouping, voice assistants, and stereo pairing.
Switch Move to Bluetooth mode
Find the Bluetooth button located on the back of your Move between the Power and Join button. Press the button once to switch to Bluetooth Mode. Move will chime and the LED on top of the speaker will turn blue.
Enable pairing mode on Move
Press and hold the Bluetooth button to enable pairing mode. Move will chime again and the LED will flash blue.
Pair your device with Move
- Go to your device’s settings and turn on Bluetooth.
- Select Move from the device list.
- If Move does not appear on screen, ensure that your Move is in pairing mode and displays a flashing blue LED.
- You will see a solid blue LED and hear a chime when the connection is complete.
Problems while pairing?
If your Move is having trouble connecting to your Bluetooth device, check our Unable to pair a Bluetooth device with Sonos article for some help.
Reconnect Move with your Bluetooth device
By default, Sonos Move will attempt to connect to the most recent device it was paired with. Sonos Move can remember up to the last 6 devices it was connected to.
If Sonos Move was restored to factory settings and previously paired to your device, locate your devices’ Bluetooth settings and forget Sonos Move before pairing again.
Switch Move back to Wi-Fi mode
You can switch back to Wi-Fi mode by pressing the Bluetooth button on the back of your Move. The LED will switch from blue to flashing white while it reconnects to your network. When Move is back on Wi-Fi mode, the LED will change to a solid white light.