This article covers how automatic Trueplay™ works and how to enable or disable it on supported Sonos products.
Auto Trueplay availability
Auto Trueplay is available on the following portable Sonos products:
When in Wi-Fi mode, your portable Sonos product can automatically adjust its sound for your environment with auto Trueplay.
Auto Trueplay starts tuning as soon as you begin playing audio. It automatically re-tunes as you play new content and bring your Sonos product to different locations. You may notice a change in sound when the adjustment takes place.
Enable or disable auto Trueplay
- In the Sonos app for iOS or Android, tap the Settings tab.
- Tap System, then tap the name of your portable Sonos product.
- Tap Trueplay to find the toggle for Auto Trueplay tuning.
- After enabling auto Trueplay in the Sonos app, make sure to press the microphone button on your portable Sonos product to turn on the microphone.
- Auto Trueplay also works when your portable Sonos product is in Bluetooth mode.
- If you’ve added the Google Assistant to Move, Auto Trueplay will be disabled when Move is in Bluetooth mode.
- The microphone on your portable Sonos product must be enabled for auto Trueplay to work. The data collected from the microphone is used locally and never uploaded to the web.
- Auto Trueplay works with a single portable Sonos product or with two portable Sonos products in a stereo pair. When stereo paired, the microphones on both portable products must be enabled in order for Auto Trueplay to function.
1Auto Trueplay is not available on a Roam SL