Disable or enable Wi-Fi on your Sonos products
You can choose to disable a Sonos product’s Wi-Fi if it’s connected to your network with an Ethernet cable. This can be a useful option for Sonos products that don't need wireless connections such as a set of rack-mounted Amps or Ports.
Note that the Sonos app won't let you disable the product’s Wi-Fi if it isn't connected to your network with an Ethernet cable.
Disable or enable Wi-Fi using the Sonos app
- Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
- From the Settings tab, tap System.
- Under Products, tap the name of the room you’d like to modify.
- On the following screen, tap your product’s model name under the Products heading.
- Tap Disable Wi-Fi or Enable Wi-Fi.
Recovering a Sonos product with disabled Wi-Fi
If you disconnect the Ethernet cable from a Sonos product with disabled Wi-Fi, it will no longer show up in your Sonos app. If you'd like to use Wi-Fi again on your Sonos player, you can access its Wi-Fi settings by temporarily plugging it back into your network with an Ethernet cable.
The Sonos product will also automatically turn its Wi-Fi back on if you add it back to your system using the Add Product option in the Settings tab of the Sonos app.