iTunes playlists missing from Sonos library on USB drive
If you store your music library from iTunes or the Music app on an external USB drive and have shared that library with Sonos, you may not see your playlists appear in the Sonos app. This article provides steps to resolve this issue by sharing the iTunes playlist XML file with Sonos.
- Update your Sonos music library.
- Open the macOS Finder app.
- Press Shift + ⌘ + G and type in ~/Music/iTunes/.
- Copy the iTunes Music Library.xmlfile.
- Paste the file into the music library folder on the external USB drive that is being shared with Sonos.
Note that you will need to repeat the steps each time you update your Sonos music library.