Set up Amazon Fire TV with Sonos
You can use Alexa to control your Fire TV with voice if you own both an Alexa-enabled Sonos speaker and an Amazon Fire TV. Check Amazon’s Fire TV availability to make sure it is available in your country.
Before you start
- To control Fire TV with Sonos you’ll need the following:
- A voice-enabled Sonos speaker
- An Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire TV Cube
- The Alexa app
- Make sure you’ve gone through the Alexa setup process for your Sonos speaker as well as the setup process for your Fire TV.
Add Fire TV to Alexa
- On your iOS or Android device, open the Alexa app and tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on Settings > TV & Video > Fire TV.
- Tap on Link your Alexa device.
- Follow the prompts to choose your Fire TV and your voice-enabled Sonos speaker from the list of devices.
Control Fire TV with Sonos
Check Amazon’s article on controlling Fire TV to see how you can control your Fire TV with voice. Note that if you’re already using Alexa to stream music on Sonos, you may need to add “on Fire TV” to your command to make sure Alexa specifically controls your Fire TV.