Change surround audio settings
This article will show you how to adjust the audio settings for your Sonos home theater’s surround speakers.
- Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
- From the Settings tab, tap System.
- Under Products, tap your Sonos home theater room.
- Under Sound, tap Surround Audio.
You can adjust the following settings:
Tap the switch to toggle surround sound on or off.
Use the slider to increase or decrease the volume of the surround speakers when watching TV.
Use the slider to increase or decrease the volume of the surround speakers when listening to music.
Select the type of audio you want to hear from the surround speakers when listening to music. This setting does not apply to TV audio or Dolby Atmos music.
- Ambient: Subtle, low volume audio with a limited frequency range. This is the default setting for surround speakers during music playback.
- Full: Full range audio at the same volume as the home theater speaker.
Use this to tell Sonos how far away your surround speakers are from your main listening position. Changing the surround distance will adjust the overall volume of TV and Music playback on the surround speakers.
Tap this to reset all surround audio settings to their default values.