Set up a separate Sonos S1 system
This article will walk you through setting up a separate Sonos S1 system using the Sonos S1 Controller app.
Before you start
Use the removal tool to remove any products that are not compatible with S2 from your system and reset them back to factory defaults.
iOS or Android
- Open the Sonos S1 Controller app for iOS or Android.
- From the Settings tab, tap App Preferences.
- Tap Reset App.
- Close and reopen the app.
- Choose Set up a new Sonos system.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up each of your previously-removed Sonos products.
Note that you’ll need to set preferences and add music services again once your products have been set up again. If you see a banner saying you can update to S2, it can be safely dismissed.
For more details on using two apps to control a split system, check our article on using separate S1 and S2 systems.