Add surround speakers to a Sonos home theater
This article will show you how to add surround speakers to your Sonos home theater for surround sound. See our article on surround sound guidelines and limitations for information on which Sonos products can be used as surround speakers.
Before you start
- Your home theater product, and products you want to use as surrounds, must already be added to your Sonos system as separate rooms.
- Products used as surrounds will connect wirelessly to your Sonos home theater product. Make sure they are in the same room and have line-of-sight to your home theater product.
- If the products you want to use as surrounds are set up as a stereo pair, make sure you separate the stereo pair before adding them as surrounds.
- Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
- From the Settings tab, tap System.
- Under Products, tap the Sonos home theater room.
- Tap Set up Surrounds.
- Follow the in-app instructions to add your speakers as surrounds.