Play music stored on your Android device
Audio files downloaded to your Android device can be played on your Sonos system using the Sonos app. This article will show you how to manage your downloaded music to ensure it appears in the Sonos app and how to play it on your Sonos products.
Before you start
- Make sure your Android device is supported by Sonos and the Sonos app is up to date.
- Make sure your audio files are in a format supported by Sonos.
- Place your downloaded audio files in the Music folder on your Android device. If your audio files are not in the Music folder they will not appear in the Sonos app.
Play music from “This Mobile Device”
- Open the Sonos app for Android.
- From the Browse tab, tap This Mobile Device.
- Choose the music you want to play.
Music from “This Mobile Device” cannot be added to Sonos playlists.
When playing tracks from your Android device, it needs to stay powered on and connected to your network. If the device goes offline, other Sonos apps will show an error message if they try to play Android tracks that are still in your queue. If that Android device is no longer available, clear out its tracks from the queue to prevent any further errors.