Use a Samsung One Remote with Sonos home theater speakers
Since the Samsung One Remote doesn’t output infrared (IR) signals by default, you’ll need to change some settings on your Samsung TV before you can use the remote with your Sonos home theater product.
These steps apply to home theater products that are connected to your TV’s optical audio output.
Follow the steps below to configure your Samsung One Remote to control your Sonos home theater speaker. If your TV uses an external IR emitter, make sure it’s within line of sight of your Sonos home theater speaker before you begin.
- Go to the Home menu on the Samsung TV, scroll left and select Sources.
- Select Universal Remote. If this is your first time setting this up, you will be asked to set up your Universal Remote. Select Start.
- Before we add the Sonos home theater speaker, you will first need to complete the remote set up for your cable, satellite, or Blu-ray player. Select New Device and choose the device you’re adding.
- Once you’ve added your other devices, select New Device, then Home Theater System.
- Type “Sonos” in the search box, select Sonos from the results, then select Optical for the input.
- You will be asked to do a power test. Select the Power Test button. When it asks you if it worked, select Yes and then Done.
- Go back to the Universal Remote setup menu and select one of the other input devices you've added, like a cable box or Blu-ray player. Select the other input devices and choose Use with Home Theater. Do this for all of your active inputs.
Your Samsung One Remote will now output IR and is ready to work with Sonos. Follow the steps in our article on setting up a TV remote with Sonos to finish the process.
If you experience any issues following the steps above, please contact Samsung support for further assistance with setting up the Samsung One Remote.