Replace a wired Sonos product
If you have a Sonos product that stays wired to your router with an Ethernet cable, this article will show you how to properly replace it with a new product without erasing your settings.
In order to preserve your settings on the new product, you’ll need at least one other functional Sonos product in your system. You can wire in any of your other Sonos products to your router to get reconnected to your system. If you only have a single wired product, you’ll need to set up a new system with the replacement instead.
- Leave one product wired to your router with an Ethernet cable.
- Plug your new Sonos product into power.
- Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
- From the Settings tab, tap System > Add Product.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to add this product to your Sonos system.
- Once the new Sonos product has been added and updated, disconnect the Ethernet cable from your wired Sonos product and connect it to the new Sonos product.