Set up Connect:Amp as surround speakers
This article shows you how to set up your Connect:Amp to power rear surround speakers for your Sonos home theater.
Before you start
- Make sure your home theater speaker has been added to your Sonos system.
- Update your Sonos system to the latest software version.
Wire your Connect:Amp and home theater speaker
Your home theater speaker and Connect:Amp must be wired in one of the following configurations:
- Both the Sonos home theater speaker and Connect:Amp are wired to the router with an Ethernet cable.
- The Sonos home theater speaker is wired to the Connect:Amp with an Ethernet cable and another Sonos product is wired to the router.
Set up your Connect:Amp as surrounds
- Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
- Follow the steps in our article on adding surround speakers to set up your Connect:Amp as surrounds.
Note that the Subwoofer and Line-In connections are disabled when Connect:Amp is used as surrounds.