Using touch controls on Sonos products
This article shows you how to control your Sonos system using the touch controls on your Sonos products, like on the Sonos One and Move. For products like Play:1 and Playbar that have buttons instead of touch controls, see our article on using button controls.
Play and Pause
- Tap the play/pause button once to play or pause playback.
Change the volume
- When the product is in a horizontal orientation, tap the button on the left to turn the volume down, and tap the button on the right to turn the volume up.
- In a vertical orientation, the top button will turn the volume up, while the bottom button will turn the volume down.
- Swipe from left to right across the touch controls to skip to the next track (when applicable). Swipe from right to left to skip to the previous track.
- Tap and hold the play/pause button on a product to group it with another room that is playing. If you have multiple rooms playing different content, continue to hold the play/pause button to cycle through each room that is playing.
- Release the play/pause button and that product will now be grouped with that other room.
Turn the microphone on or off
For voice-enabled Sonos products, tap the mic icon to enable or disable the microphone.
- When the light is on, the microphone is enabled and you can use voice commands.
- When the light is off, the microphone is disabled.
- When the microphone is disabled, you can continue to use voice-commands by pressing and holding the mic button. When you release, the microphone will be disabled again.
Disable touch controls
- Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
- From the Settings tab, tap System and choose the product you wish to disable touch controls on.
- Tap Touch Controls to disable or enable touch controls on that product.