Use button controls on Sonos products
This article shows you how to control your Sonos system using the button controls on your Sonos products, like the Play:1 and Playbar. For products like Sonos One and Move that have touch controls instead of buttons, see our article on using touch controls.
Play and Pause
- Press the play/pause button once to play or pause playback.
Change the volume
- Press the + plus button to turn the volume up.
- Press the - minus button to turn the volume down.
- Press the play/pause button twice to skip a track (when applicable).
- Press the play/pause button three times to play the previous track (when applicable).
- Press and hold the play/pause button on a product to group it with another room that is playing. If you have multiple rooms playing different content, continue to hold the play/pause button to cycle through each room that is playing.
- Release the play/pause button and that product will now be grouped with the room playing the music you want to hear.
Disable button controls
- Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
- From the Settings tab, tap System and choose the product you wish to disable touch controls on.
- Tap Touch Controls to disable or enable touch controls on that product.