Play Line-In on your Sonos Amp
This article will guide you through setting up Line-In on your Sonos Amp. The following steps also apply to Connect:Amp. Line-In allows you to connect a device that has an audio output (such as a CD player or turntable) to play out of your Sonos system. Note that Line-In is disabled when Amp or Connect:Amp is being used to power surround speakers in a Sonos home theater.
Before you start
- Make sure Amp has been added to your Sonos system.
- Make sure you have the right cable. If the source you want to play from has an 1/8" (3.5mm) output, you’ll need an 1/8" (3.5mm) to RCA audio cable (not included). If the source has RCA outputs, like a CD player, you’ll need an RCA cable (not included).
- Check if your source device requires a preamp. For example, some turntables do not have a built-in phono preamp and you will need to connect your turntable to an external preamp before connecting the preamp to Sonos.
RCA to ⅛” (3.5mm)
Attach audio cable
- Plug the RCA end of the cable into the corresponding red and white inputs labeled IN on the back of your Amp.
- Depending on the outputs of your source device, plug the RCA or 1/8" (3.5mm) end of the cable into the corresponding output on your source device or preamp.
- Start playing something from your source device.
- Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
- From the Browse tab, tap Line-In.
- Tap the source device to start playback through Sonos.
You can also enable Autoplay on Sonos Amp to automatically play your Line-In source when Sonos detects a signal. See our article on using Line-In for more information on Line-In settings.