Missing music library album art in the Sonos app
If you are unable to see album art in the Sonos app but it is visible in iTunes or other applications, the artwork is likely not embedded in the audio files. This article will show you how to embed album artwork in audio files using iTunes for macOS or Windows.
If you’re using macOS 10.15 and above, you can follow these same steps in the Music app instead of iTunes.
Adding album art using iTunes or the Music app
- Find and download the missing album art image from the Internet. Save the image as a JPG, BMP, GIF or PNG.
- Open iTunes or the Music app.
- Find the tracks with missing album art and select them in the list.
- Right click on one of the selected songs and select Get Info.
- Select the Artwork tab and click Add Artwork.
- Browse to the location of the image you've saved and click Open. The album art will now appear in the Artwork tab.
- Click Okay to apply your changes. The artwork is now embedded into the music files.
- Update the music index in your Sonos app to apply these changes. The album art should now appear in the Sonos app.
Album art requirements:
- Artwork embedded into the music files must be in one of the following formats: JPG, BMP, GIF or PNG.
- Maximum resolution for embedded artwork is 1024 x 1024.
- iOS devices support album artwork up to 320kb in size with no resolution limit.
- If album artwork is saved in the album folder instead of embedded in the files, it must be in JPG or GIF format and named folder.xxx (e.g., folder.jpg or folder.gif). Each album should be in its own folder and contain a single image file.