Play Line-In on your Sonos Port
This article will guide you through setting up Line-In on your Sonos Port. The following steps also apply to Connect. Line-In allows you to connect a device that has an audio output (such as a CD player or turntable) to play out of your Sonos system.
Before you start
- Make sure Port has been added to your Sonos system.
- Make sure you have the right cable. Port includes an RCA audio cable for most devices like CD players or turntables. If the source you want to play from has an 1/8" (3.5mm) output, you’ll need an 1/8" (3.5mm) to RCA audio cable (not included).
- Check if your source device requires a preamp. For example, some turntables do not have a preamp built-in, so you will need to connect your turntable to an external preamp and then connect the preamp to Sonos.
RCA to ⅛” (3.5mm)
Attach audio cable
- Plug the RCA end of the cable into the corresponding red and white inputs labeled IN on the back of your Port.
- Depending on the outputs of your source device, plug the RCA or 1/8" (3.5mm) end of the cable into the corresponding output on your source device or preamp.
- Start playing something from your source device.
- Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
- From the Browse tab, tap Line-In.
- Tap the source device to start playback through Sonos.
You can also enable Autoplay on Sonos Port to automatically play your Line-In source when Sonos detects a signal. See our article on using Line-In for more information on Line-In settings.