Swap audio between Roam and your other products
This article will show you how to use Sound Swap to swap audio between Roam and your other Sonos products. If you’d like both products to play, group them together instead. Sound Swap is not supported on Roam SL.
Pull audio from another product to Roam
- Make sure one of your Sonos products is playing content.
- Hold Roam close to the product that is currently playing.
- Press and hold Roam’s Play/Pause button until you hear the third tone, then release. You’ll now hear the audio playing on your portable product.
Push audio from Roam to another product
- While Roam is playing content, hold Roam close to the Sonos product you want to push audio to.
- Press and hold Roam’s Play/Pause button until you hear the third tone, then release. You’ll now hear the audio playing on your other product.
- TV, AirPlay, and Bluetooth audio cannot be swapped.
- Roam’s microphone LED will light up when swapping audio as it’s used to detect nearby products.
- Audio cannot be swapped with Play:1, Play:3, Play:5 (Gen 1), Port, Connect, or Connect:Amp. You can swap audio with Amp if it’s connected to Sonos Architectural speakers.